Really positive steps back towards 'normality' in England, announced by the PM today.
From July 4th:
- Social distancing will be reduced to 1m, where other measures can be taken to mitigate the risk.
- Two households will be able to meet together indoors, as well as multiple households (up to 6 people) meeting outdoors.
- Restaurants, pubs and other hospitality & leisure businesses are able to open, including hairdressers, places of worship (incl weddings of up to 30 people), outdoor gyms and play equipment etc.
- As yet indoor group activities such as nightclubs or soft play centres, or where close contact or other risks are unavoidable such as nail bars, indoor gyms or spas, are unable to open. However groups will be set up to look at how to safely open these businesses asap.
- All school children will be back in school in September and we'll encourage schools to use the new 1m guidance to allow as many children to go back in July as possible.
As things open up, the other health guidance is even more important. We need to be especially vigilant and continue to have high standards of hygiene, wear masks where necessary including public transport, and to isolate and get tested immediately if you have even mild symptoms.
This advice is now guidance, rather than the law, but we all need to take additional care because - rightly - the PM was also clear that if things deteriorate and the virus begins to come back, we will have to close things again.
So enjoy the new freedoms and take the opportunity to get back to 'normal' - but stay safe!!